Sunday, May 25, 2014

How To Make Your Shave Last







So in my last post I spoke about exfoliating. This got me thinking about shaving. Whenever the stubble decides to reveal itself (which is annoyingly often), a little part of me groans and thinks, "ugh not again." At this point some of you might be thinking, "why doesn't she just get a wax?" Well, I am a very busy person who doesn't want to put the time, money, or pain into waxing. So if you are like me and are simply looking to get the most out of each shave, let me share with you some things that I have learned along the way.

1. Exfoliate. By getting all of the dead skin out of the way, your razor can get closer to the root of your hair, giving you a smoother shave. If you aren't quite sure about exfoliating, my previous post goes over the basics. If you're really in a pinch, just wash your legs with a loofah.





2. Shave gel/lotion. I have yet to be able to get my hands on it, but Noxzema makes a shave gel that has helped to extend the period between shaves. So if you can find it in any brand, I suggest finding a hair minimizing/ shave extending shave gel. The one that I use is Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel, and I absolutely love it.





3. Keep your razor clean. The better you take care of your razor, the longer it will give you a good performance. Dull or nicked razors will not only be uncomfortable, but will also not give a good close shave.





*If you use an electric razor, still exfoliate, it will help you get a closer shave as well.

Don't forget to moisturize when you are done. Your legs will thank you. And while to some these may seem like simple steps, when I was first shaving I certainly didn't follow them. I had no idea what exfoliating was and I never moisturized after. It got to the point where if I shaved in the morning, I would feel like I needed to again that night. By employing these steps I can now go about 2- 3 days between shaves.


*I do not own the pictures on this page. I found them on Google. If these are your pictures and you would like me to take them down, please let me know and I will gladly do so.*

No comments:

Post a Comment